It was founded together with the original Augustinian convent, in 1316 near the oldest church of San Pietro.

In the tribune and along the walls there are fragments of votive frescoes from the 14th century on several layers. A recent restoration, made possible by Don Aldo Giovannelli, brought to light a series of apses, decorated during the 16th century for the altars and with subjects dedicated to the Virgin.