﻿<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><rss version="2.0"
	xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/"
	xmlns:wfw="http://wellformedweb.org/CommentAPI/"
	xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
	xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
	xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
	xmlns:slash="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/slash/"
	>

<channel>
	<title>Bevagna &#8211; Visit Bevagna</title>
	<atom:link href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en/loc/bevagna-en/feed/" rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" />
	<link>https://www.visit-bevagna.it</link>
	<description>Institutional Tourism Portal of the Municipality of Bevagna</description>
	<lastBuildDate>Wed, 20 Nov 2019 19:17:08 +0000</lastBuildDate>
	<language>en-US</language>
	<sy:updatePeriod>
	hourly	</sy:updatePeriod>
	<sy:updateFrequency>
	1	</sy:updateFrequency>
	<generator>https://wordpress.org/?v=5.7.1</generator>
	<item>
		<title>Bath building</title>
		<link>https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en/item/spa-building/</link>
		
		<dc:creator><![CDATA[Amministrazione]]></dc:creator>
		<pubDate>Thu, 19 Sep 2019 23:12:04 +0000</pubDate>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">https://www.visit-bevagna.it/?post_type=ait-item&#038;p=982</guid>

					<description><![CDATA[<p>The frigidarium remains of the thermal complex, formed by mosaic-decorated niches with black and white tesserae. Recent restorations have revealed traces of the calidarium. The beautiful mosaic, from the 2nd century A.C., of exquisite and refined workmanship, is inspired by the marine world.</p>
<p>L'articolo <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en/item/spa-building/">Bath building</a> proviene da <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en">Visit Bevagna</a>.</p>
]]></description>
										<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>The frigidarium remains of the thermal complex, formed by mosaic-decorated niches with black and white tesserae. Recent restorations have revealed traces of the calidarium. The beautiful mosaic, from the 2<sup>nd</sup> century A.C., of exquisite and refined workmanship, is inspired by the marine world.</p>
<p>L'articolo <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en/item/spa-building/">Bath building</a> proviene da <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en">Visit Bevagna</a>.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
					
		
		
			</item>
		<item>
		<title>Church and monastery of Santa Margherita</title>
		<link>https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en/item/english-church-and-monastery-of-santa-margherita/</link>
		
		<dc:creator><![CDATA[Amministrazione]]></dc:creator>
		<pubDate>Thu, 19 Sep 2019 23:56:48 +0000</pubDate>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">https://www.visit-bevagna.it/?post_type=ait-item&#038;p=1016</guid>

					<description><![CDATA[<p>In the church, restored in 17th, people can still admire a beautiful altarpiece painted by Andrea Camassei, which depicts the martyrdom of Santa Margherita. Behind the high altar is a fresco painted by Fantino in 1592. The monastery, founded in 1271, preserves inside a suggestive Scala Santa executed by Providoni.</p>
<p>L'articolo <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en/item/english-church-and-monastery-of-santa-margherita/">Church and monastery of Santa Margherita</a> proviene da <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en">Visit Bevagna</a>.</p>
]]></description>
										<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>In the church, restored in 17<sup>th</sup>, people can still admire a beautiful altarpiece painted by Andrea Camassei, which depicts the martyrdom of Santa Margherita. Behind the high altar is a fresco painted by Fantino in 1592.</p>
<p>The monastery, founded in 1271, preserves inside a suggestive Scala Santa executed by Providoni.</p>
<p>L'articolo <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en/item/english-church-and-monastery-of-santa-margherita/">Church and monastery of Santa Margherita</a> proviene da <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en">Visit Bevagna</a>.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
					
		
		
			</item>
		<item>
		<title>Church of Madonna della Rosa</title>
		<link>https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en/item/english-church-of-madonna-della-rosa/</link>
		
		<dc:creator><![CDATA[Amministrazione]]></dc:creator>
		<pubDate>Thu, 19 Sep 2019 22:59:10 +0000</pubDate>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">https://www.visit-bevagna.it/?post_type=ait-item&#038;p=971</guid>

					<description><![CDATA[<p>It is an octagonal church, with arcades on the walls of unequal width, located on Via Flaminia towards Foligno. The name derives from the image of the Madonna with the Infant Jesus in her arms holding a rose in his hand, an image that was considered miraculous. The church was built in 1691. Damaged by [&#8230;]</p>
<p>L'articolo <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en/item/english-church-of-madonna-della-rosa/">Church of Madonna della Rosa</a> proviene da <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en">Visit Bevagna</a>.</p>
]]></description>
										<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>It is an octagonal church, with arcades on the walls of unequal width, located on Via Flaminia towards Foligno. The name derives from the image of the Madonna with the Infant Jesus in her arms holding a rose in his hand, an image that was considered miraculous. The church was built in 1691. Damaged by the earthquake of 1997, it was recently renovated. It gives its name to the street that starts from the church itself</p>
<p>L'articolo <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en/item/english-church-of-madonna-della-rosa/">Church of Madonna della Rosa</a> proviene da <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en">Visit Bevagna</a>.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
					
		
		
			</item>
		<item>
		<title>Church of Saints Domenico and Giacomo</title>
		<link>https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en/item/english-church-of-saints-domenico-and-giacomo/</link>
		
		<dc:creator><![CDATA[Amministrazione]]></dc:creator>
		<pubDate>Fri, 20 Sep 2019 00:02:09 +0000</pubDate>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">https://www.visit-bevagna.it/?post_type=ait-item&#038;p=1024</guid>

					<description><![CDATA[<p>It was built on an ancient oratory dedicated to St. George, donated by the Municipality to Blessed Giacomo Bianconi in 1291. As a sign of recognition for the fundamental role he played in the reconstruction of the town, after the siege of the imperial troops of Frederick II, he obtained to place the convent in [&#8230;]</p>
<p>L'articolo <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en/item/english-church-of-saints-domenico-and-giacomo/">Church of Saints Domenico and Giacomo</a> proviene da <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en">Visit Bevagna</a>.</p>
]]></description>
										<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>It was built on an ancient oratory dedicated to St. George, donated by the Municipality to Blessed Giacomo Bianconi in 1291. As a sign of recognition for the fundamental role he played in the reconstruction of the town, after the siege of the imperial troops of Frederick II, he obtained to place the convent in a central position: in the square next to the Palazzo dei Consoli.</p>
<p>In the façade, there is a fine polystyle portal from the end of the 14<sup>th </sup>century, adorned in the lunette by a fresco in a poor state of preservation. The interior subjected to various renovations and restored in the 20<sup>th</sup> century, has a single and luminous nave.</p>
<p>There are some remains of the eighteenth-century altars that adorned the walls of the church on the beautiful fronts and significant altarpieces, some of which are attributed to Ascensidonio Spacca from Bevagna (16<sup>th</sup> century).</p>
<p>In the choir, there are the remains of an important cycle of frescoes assigned to a master of Assisi culture, linked to the first Giottesks.</p>
<p>In the side chapels, two wooden sculptures from the end of the 13<sup>th</sup> century are preserved: on the left the Madonna with the Child, on the right a beautiful Crucifix considered miraculous. On the main altar (17<sup>th</sup> century), an urn preserves the body of the Blessed Giacomo, while the ancient sarcophagus is walled in the entrance wall of the church.</p>
<p>In the adjoining convent, there is the cloister, decorated with stories from the life of the Blessed Giacomo, by Giovanbattista Pacetti (17th century). In the chapter room, there are frescoes from the mid-13<sup>th </sup>century.</p>
<p>Descending Via del Gonfalone, behind the apse of the church of Saints Domenico e Giacomo, we find conspicuous remains of a Roman building in mixed construction, probably dating back to the 2<sup>nd</sup> century A.D., which could be port facilities.</p>
<p>L'articolo <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en/item/english-church-of-saints-domenico-and-giacomo/">Church of Saints Domenico and Giacomo</a> proviene da <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en">Visit Bevagna</a>.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
					
		
		
			</item>
		<item>
		<title>Church of San Francesco</title>
		<link>https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en/item/english-church-of-san-francesco/</link>
		
		<dc:creator><![CDATA[Amministrazione]]></dc:creator>
		<pubDate>Thu, 19 Sep 2019 23:09:25 +0000</pubDate>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">https://www.visit-bevagna.it/?post_type=ait-item&#038;p=979</guid>

					<description><![CDATA[<p>Built at the end of the 13th century on the ancient church dedicated to Saint John the Baptist, it stands on the highest place in the city, where it was certainly a Roman temple. The gabled façade is adorned with an elegant rounded polystyle portal, with foliated capitals in marble. The interior, with a single [&#8230;]</p>
<p>L'articolo <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en/item/english-church-of-san-francesco/">Church of San Francesco</a> proviene da <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en">Visit Bevagna</a>.</p>
]]></description>
										<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Built at the end of the 13<sup>th</sup> century on the ancient church dedicated to Saint John the Baptist, it stands on the highest place in the city, where it was certainly a Roman temple. The gabled façade is adorned with an elegant rounded polystyle portal, with foliated capitals in marble.</p>
<p>The interior, with a single nave, was completely renovated in the 18th century; you can admire paintings by Dono Doni and Ascensidonio Spacca. A small door on the right leads to an inner chapel with frescoes dating back to the 16th century. Next to the altar, in a chapel, there is a stone on which San Francesco placed his feet when he preached to the birds in Pian d’Arca. The second chapel on the right, perhaps a work by Galeazzo Alessi, preserves a beautiful 15<sup>th</sup> century tabernacle; the small dome is adorned with glazed earthenware attributed to Santi Buglioni.</p>
<p>L'articolo <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en/item/english-church-of-san-francesco/">Church of San Francesco</a> proviene da <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en">Visit Bevagna</a>.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
					
		
		
			</item>
		<item>
		<title>Church of San Silvestro</title>
		<link>https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en/item/church-of-san-silvestro/</link>
		
		<dc:creator><![CDATA[Amministrazione]]></dc:creator>
		<pubDate>Mon, 23 Sep 2019 07:18:52 +0000</pubDate>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">https://www.visit-bevagna.it/?post_type=ait-item&#038;p=1343</guid>

					<description><![CDATA[<p>The epigraph to the right of the portal allows us to date the construction of this building to 1195, due to the master Binello. The unfinished façade consists of travertine blocks in the lower part and Subasio stone blocks in the upper part. A frame with zoomorphic protons also crowns it. In the center, there [&#8230;]</p>
<p>L'articolo <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en/item/church-of-san-silvestro/">Church of San Silvestro</a> proviene da <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en">Visit Bevagna</a>.</p>
]]></description>
										<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>The epigraph to the right of the portal allows us to date the construction of this building to 1195, due to the master Binello.</p>
<p>The unfinished façade consists of travertine blocks in the lower part and Subasio stone blocks in the upper part. A frame with zoomorphic protons also crowns it. In the center, there is the beautiful portal, richly decorated with friezes and it is surmounted by a wide three-light window with paired columns. At the sides two mullioned windows supported by twisted columns.</p>
<p>The interior, of suggestive simplicity, is divided into three naves by robust columns with Corinthian capitals. On the right, a pillar served as a support for the bell tower.</p>
<p>A barrel vault covers the central nave, while the lateral vaults are rampant. Above the crypt, accessed from the left aisle, stands the presbytery supported by two columns, one of which is a recovery column.</p>
<p>L'articolo <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en/item/church-of-san-silvestro/">Church of San Silvestro</a> proviene da <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en">Visit Bevagna</a>.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
					
		
		
			</item>
		<item>
		<title>Church of San Vincenzo</title>
		<link>https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en/item/english-church-of-san-vincenzo/</link>
		
		<dc:creator><![CDATA[Amministrazione]]></dc:creator>
		<pubDate>Thu, 19 Sep 2019 23:00:49 +0000</pubDate>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">https://www.visit-bevagna.it/?post_type=ait-item&#038;p=973</guid>

					<description><![CDATA[<p>Today desecrated, the church was dedicated to the patron saint of Bevagna. The unfinished facade has a travertine cladding with fluted pilasters from a Roman building. The church, after various vicissitudes, was used as a cinema until the 1970s. Today only the side walls and the façade remain. Inside there is the mosaic by Aldo [&#8230;]</p>
<p>L'articolo <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en/item/english-church-of-san-vincenzo/">Church of San Vincenzo</a> proviene da <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en">Visit Bevagna</a>.</p>
]]></description>
										<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Today desecrated, the church was dedicated to the patron saint of Bevagna.</p>
<p>The unfinished facade has a travertine cladding with fluted pilasters from a Roman building. The church, after various vicissitudes, was used as a cinema until the 1970s. Today only the side walls and the façade remain. Inside there is the mosaic by Aldo Ajò created in 1941 for the inauguration of the city cinema, which represents the three cities, Bevagna, Spello, Assisi, which compete for the birth of the Latin poet Sesto Aurelio Properzio.</p>

<p>L'articolo <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en/item/english-church-of-san-vincenzo/">Church of San Vincenzo</a> proviene da <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en">Visit Bevagna</a>.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
					
		
		
			</item>
		<item>
		<title>Church of Sant&#8217;Agostino</title>
		<link>https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en/item/english-church-of-santagostino/</link>
		
		<dc:creator><![CDATA[Amministrazione]]></dc:creator>
		<pubDate>Fri, 20 Sep 2019 00:07:03 +0000</pubDate>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">https://www.visit-bevagna.it/?post_type=ait-item&#038;p=1034</guid>

					<description><![CDATA[<p>It was founded together with the original Augustinian convent, in 1316 near the oldest church of San Pietro. In the tribune and along the walls there are fragments of votive frescoes from the 14th century on several layers. A recent restoration, made possible by Don Aldo Giovannelli, brought to light a series of apses, decorated [&#8230;]</p>
<p>L'articolo <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en/item/english-church-of-santagostino/">Church of Sant&#8217;Agostino</a> proviene da <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en">Visit Bevagna</a>.</p>
]]></description>
										<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>It was founded together with the original Augustinian convent, in 1316 near the oldest church of San Pietro.</p>
<p>In the tribune and along the walls there are fragments of votive frescoes from the 14<sup>th</sup> century on several layers. A recent restoration, made possible by Don Aldo Giovannelli, brought to light a series of apses, decorated during the 16<sup>th</sup> century for the altars and with subjects dedicated to the Virgin.</p>
<p>L'articolo <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en/item/english-church-of-santagostino/">Church of Sant&#8217;Agostino</a> proviene da <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en">Visit Bevagna</a>.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
					
		
		
			</item>
		<item>
		<title>Church of Santa Maria della consolazione (of the seminary)</title>
		<link>https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en/item/church-of-santa-maria-della-consolazione-of-the-seminary/</link>
		
		<dc:creator><![CDATA[Amministrazione]]></dc:creator>
		<pubDate>Sun, 10 Feb 2019 10:02:38 +0000</pubDate>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">https://www.visit-bevagna.it/?post_type=ait-item&#038;p=984</guid>

					<description><![CDATA[<p>Built in the 18th, it preserves inside a beautiful statue of the Risen Christ created at the end of the XVI century; on the high altar the Holy Family painted by Etienne Parrocel in 1738.</p>
<p>L'articolo <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en/item/church-of-santa-maria-della-consolazione-of-the-seminary/">Church of Santa Maria della consolazione (of the seminary)</a> proviene da <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en">Visit Bevagna</a>.</p>
]]></description>
										<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Built in the 18<sup>th</sup>, it preserves inside a beautiful statue of the Risen Christ created at the end of the XVI century; on the high altar the Holy Family painted by Etienne Parrocel in 1738.</p>
<p>L'articolo <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en/item/church-of-santa-maria-della-consolazione-of-the-seminary/">Church of Santa Maria della consolazione (of the seminary)</a> proviene da <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en">Visit Bevagna</a>.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
					
		
		
			</item>
		<item>
		<title>Church of Santa Maria Filiorum Comitis</title>
		<link>https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en/item/church-of-santa-maria-filiorum-comitis/</link>
		
		<dc:creator><![CDATA[Amministrazione]]></dc:creator>
		<pubDate>Mon, 23 Sep 2019 19:51:25 +0000</pubDate>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">https://www.visit-bevagna.it/?post_type=ait-item&#038;p=1348</guid>

					<description><![CDATA[<p>Built by Rainaldo I count of Antignano, the little church, now deconsecrated, is the oldest among those preserved: there are news of it since 1198.</p>
<p>L'articolo <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en/item/church-of-santa-maria-filiorum-comitis/">Church of Santa Maria Filiorum Comitis</a> proviene da <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en">Visit Bevagna</a>.</p>
]]></description>
										<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Built by Rainaldo I count of Antignano, the little church, now deconsecrated, is the oldest among those preserved: there are news of it since 1198.</p>
<p>L'articolo <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en/item/church-of-santa-maria-filiorum-comitis/">Church of Santa Maria Filiorum Comitis</a> proviene da <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.visit-bevagna.it/en">Visit Bevagna</a>.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
					
		
		
			</item>
	</channel>
</rss>
